- What Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It. We do not currently require you to provide Personal Information in order to have access to general information available on the Site. But, we do receive and/or collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
- Account. In order to use certain services that we offer via the Site, you may be required to create an account (“Account”), by one of the following methods:
- You may create an account by completing a form on the Site. If you create an Account you will be required to provide us with certain information, such as your name, email address, as well as a password that you will use for your Account.
- You may also choose to create an Account by logging in with your Facebook account which you may do by clicking on a Facebook ‘connect’ or ‘sign-in’ button that we may display on the Site (“Facebook Account”). Doing so will enable you to link your Carehood Account and your Facebook Account. If you choose this option, then you will be required to approve the connection as well as the types of information (which may include Personal Information) that we may obtain from Facebook, including your name, Facebook identification (ID) number, your profile picture, your gender, age range, locale and time zone, and e-mail address. You may disable or withdraw certain Permissions in the settings section of your Facebook Account (on Facebook), but doing so may cause certain features of the Site to become unavailable to you. In addition to the use of data described here, we may also use such data as described in Sections 6 (The Way We Use Personal Information) and 7 (Use of Anonymous Information) below. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE MAY KEEP DATA WE OBTAIN FROM FACEBOOK AS DESCRIBED ABOVE EVEN AFTER WE CEASE USING THE FACEBOOK PLATFORM OR OFFER FACEBOOK FUNCTIONALITY SUCH AS FACEBOOK CONNECT OR LOGIN ON THE SITE.
Regardless of whether you create an Account through a form on the Site or by using your Facebook Account, you may also choose to provide additional Personal Information as part of the Account registration process and in connection with your ongoing use of your Account. We may send you a text message to your mobile phone or an e-mail to the e-mail address you submit to confirm your registration. If you choose not to create an Account, you may not be able to access or use certain features of the Site.
- Care Package. In order to create a Care Package, you may be required to provide certain information, such as the name of the Care Package Recipient, the disease, injury, disability from which he or she suffers, and his or her gender, birth date, number of children and e-mail address. You may also provide additional information such as a profile picture for the Care Package Recipient and more details about the Care Package Recipient and his or her situation. We may contact the Care Package Recipient, for instance by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address provided, for confirmation purposes.
- ‘Contact Us’ Information. If you send us a “Contact Us” request, whether by submitting an online form that we make available or by sending an email to an email address that we display, you may be required to provide us with certain information such as your name and email address.
- Share with Friends Service. The Site may enable you to share content from the Site with friends or to invite your friends to use our Site by sending them an invitation email or message through a third-party service such as Facebook or Twitter. If you share Site content or send an invitation to a friend, we may obtain your e-mail address or the username and ID for your third-party service account.
- Profile. Some parts of the Site may enable you to build a public profile in connection with your Account (“Public Profile”). Your Public Profile will include your name and your profile picture from your Account.
- Log Files. We may make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movement around the Site, and gather demographic and other information.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. Our Site may utilize “cookies”, anonymous identifiers and other tracking technologies in order to for us to provide our Site and present you with information that is customized for you. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about activity on the Site. Certain cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information, such as an IP address, previously indicated by a user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
- Publicly Available Information. Your Public Profile and any content that you post on or via the Site (“User Submissions”), including without limitation, information about the Care Package Recipient, their story, Care Package items, and Calendar “Tasks”, may be publicly available to other Site users, and may also be accessed by people off the Site. The notices and tools that we provide on the Site are intended to inform you which information will be made publicly available. If you publish your contact information in any User Submissions or as part of your Public Profile, you may receive unsolicited messages from other users of the Site or the public. We, therefore, encourage you only to post information that you are sure you want to be accessible to anyone.
- The Way We Use Personal Information. If you submit or we collect Personal Information through the Site, then we may use such Personal Information in the following ways, via any applicable communication channel, including e-mail, SMS, etc.:
- We will use your Personal Information to provide and improve our Site, to send you marketing/advertisement communications that we believe may be of interest to you, to contact you in connection with the Site and certain programs or offerings that you may have registered for, and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Site that you are authorized to access.
- We may use your designated email address to: (i) send you updates or news regarding the Site and our products; and/or (ii) respond to a “Contact Us” or administrative request (for example, to change your password).
- If you choose to share content from the Site with a friend or to send your friend an invitation email or message, we will use the contact information that you provide, or make available, to automatically send your friend an message by the method you have chosen with the invitation or the shared content (as applicable). Your name and email address may be included in the message.
- We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Site if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our Terms, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Carehood, our users, yourself or the public.
- Use of Anonymous Information. We may use Anonymous Information (as defined below) or disclose it to third party service providers in order to improve our Site and enhance your experience with the Site. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our Site. You acknowledge and agree that even if you request that we delete personal information obtained from Facebook in connection with your Facebook Account, we may nevertheless retain Anonymous Information which was based on that information and use such information as described in this Section 7.
- Opting Out. You may choose not to receive future promotional, advertising, or other Site-related emails from us by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that we send. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response to any “Contact Us” request as well as administrative emails (for example, in connection with a password reset request) that are necessary to facilitate your use of the Site.
- Choice. At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information. If you choose not to provide mandatory Personal Information, you may still visit parts of the Site, but you may be unable to access certain options, programs, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
- Access/Accuracy. To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to delete or correct any of your other Personal Information that we may be storing, you may use the tools that we may make available on the Site or you may submit an access request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should include adequate details of your request.
- Children’s Privacy. The Site is not structured to attract children under the age of 13 years. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 13 years, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Security. The security of Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use reasonable acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security on the Service, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information in connection with the foregoing events.
- California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
- Our California Do Not Track Notice. We do not track consumers over time and across third party websites and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track signals. We do not allow third parties to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses the Site.
- Deletion of Content from California Residents. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to remove content or Personal Information you have publicly posted. If you wish to remove such content or Personal Information and you specify which content or Personal Information you wish to be removed, we will do so in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware that after removal you will not be able to restore removed content. In addition, such removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or Personal Information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require us to enable removal of content.
Last updated: April 10, 2016